Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hi, it's me

Everything I've wanted to share as of late is not really fit for publication - yet.

Work has been something else. I didn't know exactly what was in store for me by joining VISTA and moving to Mission. I did learn at PSO, though, that my year of service would look drastically different than other VISTAs' primarily because of where I'd be serving. And I'm thankful for that, because it was something I purposely sought out. I figured if I was going to move away from Alaska for a new challenge, I should go all-out and put myself into a situation I wouldn't have otherwise been able experience.

I found it. And then some. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to elaborate much until I leave next year. In the interim, I'll say the two adjectives that come to mind most often when I think about my job are fulfilling and frustrating.

Coinciding with my work drama is the pleasant surprise of finding the guy I want to be with. Well, being found is probably more accurate. Love really can show up at your doorstep. It just takes some folks (i.e. me) longer to figure shit out.

Sorry for the aloofness. I do have some stories to share; I just need to make time to get them on here. Lord knows I'm a deliberate writer. But, all things considered, life is really, really good.

Our busy summer hosting out-of-town volunteers ended a couple weeks ago. Outside of a church group visiting from Iowa next week, another quiet winter is approaching. I'm helping coach middle and high school cross country, which has been an absolute blast. The Sioux Falls Half Marathon is Sunday morning. I feel my 1:30 goal is attainable even with a cold lurking in the shadows. I have another trail race scheduled near Laramie in October. And I scored tickets to a Nebraska football game.

Yup, it's all good.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Coinciding with my work drama is the pleasant surprise of finding the guy I want to be with." - Yay, I'm happy for you :)

Brian said...

Thanks!