Tuesday, August 3, 2010

human flypaper

Since moving to Boise a month ago, I've developed a nice rotation of trails on which to run in the mornings. Lately, though, I've been a regular up at the Military Reserve, site of a trail race this Saturday. I haven't raced since May, so I'm itching for the competition. It's a challenging course, but it's totally doable, about eight miles in length - four up, four back down. Based on my training runs, I'm going to really have to haul ass coming down from the summit to make the top-three in my age group. But I gotta have a goal.

Bugs really aren't a problem around here, which I'm thankful for. But the Military Reserve has swarms of black bugs of some sort. By the time I make it back down the hill to the parking lot, my entire torso and arms are totally covered in them. It's quite disgusting, if I say so myself. I should look so pretty when I cross the finish line Saturday morning.

No comments: