Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Belated cake

The three of us at Habitat have rarely been all together in the office for the past couple weeks. The delay has mostly been my fault: two days in Aberdeen, the track meet in Mobridge, last weekend in Sioux Falls, and meetings galore. Today, anticipating we'd all be here, LaCosta brought in my birthday cake. She likes to bake and is just a thoughtful person.

That's "Belated" written in blue:


And how cute is this, runners on the side:



I sent a quarter of this behemoth home with both Sandy and LaCosta. I really don't need a chocolate cake sitting in my fridge, begging to be eaten in a single sitting.

This was my first birthday I didn't bring in birthday treats for my officemates since moving to Juneau in 2003. I love that tradition; however, I now only have two co-workers and the nearest Costco is in Omaha. New home, new traditions, I guess...

P.S. Oh! The cake was great. Can you really go wrong with chocolate on chocolate?

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sniff. I miss those birthday treat times. For the first time I miss Juneau and, gasp, working!

Brian said...

You miss the ETPL, don't ya?