Sunday, April 12, 2009

A perfect storm of goodness

The last five days have been fantastic. Hopefully, I'm not jinxing things by sharing:
  • A press release I sent into the Todd County Tribune was published on the front page of this week's edition. Plus, an article I wrote for the monthly tribal newspaper also appeared last week. Okay, we're not talking about the New York Times here, or even the Juneau Empire. But still.
  • We received word on Thursday a grant proposal I submitted several months ago will be funded. Score! We're purchasing the forms used when pouring concrete house foundations. Owning them as opposed to renting for each use will reduce our partner families' mortgage payments. I feel really good about that.
  • I made a new friend, an Episcopal priest. Smart, funny, enthusiastic, easy to be around, and just a good person. Oh, and she's a runner. And plays Rummy! (I won, but it was close.) I'm bummed she doesn't live in town.
  • I ran 20 miles Saturday morning. More on that to come in a bit.
  • I had two rolls of film developed up in Pierre yesterday. There are some gems in there. I'll be sharing soon.
  • I spoke with my parents tonight. They're seriously considering making a visit this summer. This is BIG news. Huge.
Hopefully, the positivity continues this week. I should receive my official GRE scores soon. (I already know my verbal and quantitative scores; I just need my writing score.) I'll be in Aberdeen Wednesday and Thursday for work. And someone's 31st birthday happens to be on Wednesday...

No comments: