Thursday, April 30, 2009

Coming attractions

April is gone. I don't know where it went. I know my downtime is at a premium when my reading has been curtailed. I owe you several stories, which I'm hoping to write about this weekend. Stay tuned for details regarding my meeting with the tribal president, some extended face time with a liaison from Senator Johnson's office, and coming out as an atheist.

And then there are the things in my personal life I can't write about right now. All I'll say is I'm thinking my optimism briefly drifted into the realm of delusion, and the consequences are about to become apparent. Adding everything up, it has been an intense two weeks.

Coincidentally, it was same time period just last year when I volunteered for Habitat down on the Gulf Coast, which eventually led to my move here. I expected an adventure when I moved to the rez; however, my life has been completely reshaped. Not that I'm complaining. I wouldn't change a thing. One adventure begets another...

Anyway, stories to come. But now, to bed I go.

No comments: