Monday, June 8, 2009

If You Give a Mouse a Pop-Tart

I went down to the kitchen this morning for my mid-morning snack, a couple of Pop-Tarts. (The 10:00 break from my R&A days is still firmly entrenched in my work routine.) I pulled a package of two out of the box only to discover a mouse had helped itself to a snack:


Evidently, it wasn't a fan of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts:


Look closely and you can see the bite marks:



I haven't seen any mice around the building since winter. But this is the second recent occurrence of a mouse getting into my food. (A bag of almonds was breached last week.)

The funny thing is this qualifies as normal around here, so I'm not at all freaked out by it. When I eventually leave here, I'll find it weird not to have mice running around, birds in the oven vent, a funky shower in which I must wear flip flops, and a bed that sometimes collapses in the middle of the night. I had better enjoy the good times while they last.

No comments: