Monday, April 5, 2010

On almonds and other minutiae

  • My grad school plans are set and I'm registered for fall classes. It's exciting to once again have something concrete to look forward to.
  • Much about my future remains unsettled and I'm okay with that. I'm just going to go with it and see what happens.
  • I'm running the Horsetooth Half Marathon in a couple weeks. Here is the elevation profile. It's not a PR course, for sure, but it should be a challenging race.
  • For someone who doesn't care much for fiction, I really enjoy reading Willa Cather.
  • Small-town life suits me well. Not being able to find what I'm looking for at the grocery store does not.
  • My birthday is next week. Kind of anticlimactic considering I turned 32 in my head months ago.
  • When people guess my age, it falls somewhere between 25 and 28.
  • It's calving season 'round these parts. I love, love, love looking into a field and seeing cows with their newborns. So cute.
  • Tackling calves during last year's branding is one of the highlights of my time here.
  • I'm disappointed when people let me down, especially when their behavior isn't anything out of the ordinary.
  • Sometimes I wish my instincts we're so damn accurate.
  • If you ever make me banana bread, please leave out the nuts.
  • Yet, I haven't been eating enough almonds lately. That's all I'm saying about that.
  • I wonder why I even bother trying new foods. I know what I like. Chunky spaghetti sauce isn't on that list and never will be.
  • A Board member offered to cook a homemade pasta dish for Thursday's meeting because my birthday is coming up and she's knows it's my favorite. I wonder if there will be chunks in the sauce.
  • The chunkiness of the sauce will be the least of my worries. Thursday's meeting could be brutal.
  • Whatever happens Thursday night, I'll have 11 weeks to deal with the consequences.

No comments: