Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Becoming a familiar face

I wasn't planning to go to the grocery store during my lunchtime walk, so I didn't bring my green grocery bag with me. But I was right there, so I stopped in for a few things I needed. After I placed my items on the belt, the cashier asked, "Do you have your bag?" When I told her I wasn't expecting do to any shopping, she kiddingly chided me for not bringing my reusable bag.

It's not the same as Alma knowing my order by heart at the Valley Restaurant in Juneau, but I'll take this display of recognition any day.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Your lovely green bag from the montessori fundraiser? ;)

Brian said...

You better believe it! I only wish the cashiers would learn how to properly use the convenient black bottom. Actually, I really wish they'd just let me bag my own groceries.