Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunsets

There have been many occasions since arriving in Mission I've found myself running outside to watch the sunset. That's one thing I'll never get sick of. I live in a prime sunset-viewing location, with nothing to disrupt the view to the west. I woke up from my nap this afternoon to see a flaming sky out of my bedroom window. With camera in tow, I threw on some clothes and headed out the door:



The only other place I've see skies like this is the Texas Panhandle, one of my favorite areas of the country. How I love open country!

On that subject, I heard George Strait's "Amarillo by Morning" for the first time last week. Great song! Reminds me of my many drives up 287 from the Metroplex. I can still rattle off the names of the towns along the way: Wichita Falls, Vernon, Childress, Memphis, Clarendon...

Sigh.

5 comments:

Brian said...

Hey, I already do listen to country. I love Lee Ann Womack. And Johnny Cash, of course.

Amy said...

I can't help but notice that a picture you took yesterday is already up on the web. Did you break down and buy a digital camera?

Brian said...

An astute observation Amy. The digital camera was a gift two Christmases ago. I only use it for candid shots though. I still rely on my film camera for most of my picture taking.

Moving here makes me think I'll be 100 percent digital at some point, even if I make the switch kicking and screaming. Living in the middle of nowhere has its disadvantages when it comes to buying and developing film.

Unknown said...

That is an amazing sky.

Brian said...

I ♥ open spaces.